dcsimg
Call Now
1800 102 5277

Jiwaji University Gwalior

Updated on: Nov 19, 2015

Jiwaji University is a NAAC accredited four-star university. The University was initially established as a teaching and affiliating University on 23rd May 1964, under the provision of M. P. Government Ordinance. Dr. Sarwapalli Radhakrishanan, the then President of India, laid the foundation stone of the University Campus on 11th December 1964.

The territorial jurisdiction of the affiliation extends to six districts of Gwalior and Chambal Division, viz., Gwalior, Morena, Bhind, Guna, Shivpuri and Datia. Right from its inception, Jiwaji University started with a status of a residential and an affiliating University. To begin with, the University had a total of 29 affiliated colleges. Those have now steadily increased to more than 100 colleges.

Presently, Jiwaji University offers programs through 26 Government and 7 non-Government colleges. Some of the colleges have now also developed into recognized research centres.

The Schools of Studies in Physics, Chemistry and Ancient History, Culture and Archaeology were started from the session 1969-70. The School of Studies in Economics and Mathematics came into existence from the session 1978-79, which the School of Studies in Commerce started from the session 1980-81 and that of Biochemistry from the session 1986-87.

The University also started MBA course under the School of studies in Commerce from the session 1987, during the VII plan period the School of Studies in Library and Information Science was established in 1986. Under the VIII plan development program University has established School of Studies in Earth Science in 1991.

For further information related to Jiwaji University click on the links provided below:

Subscribe to our newsletter